[14.04 64Bit]-USB Keyboard [Calculator] Button Does Not Work?

[14.04 64Bit]-USB Keyboard [Calculator] Button Does Not Work?

Jesse Palser-2
[14.04 64Bit]-USB Keyboard [Calculator] Button Does Not Work?

Hi,

Running Kubuntu 14.04 64Bit fully updated on my main development desktop.
My USB keyboard has a [Calculator] button, but when I press it nothing
happens?
How would I setup USB keyboard [Calculator] button so it works on my
Kubuntu OS?

Thanks!

Jesse

Re: [14.04 64Bit]-USB Keyboard [Calculator] Button Does Not Work?

Nils Kassube-2
Jesse Palser wrote:
> Running Kubuntu 14.04 64Bit fully updated on my main development
> desktop. My USB keyboard has a [Calculator] button, but when I press
> it nothing happens?
> How would I setup USB keyboard [Calculator] button so it works on my
> Kubuntu OS?

I don't know if that calculator button needs some special action, but
for a "normal" key like F6 it works like this:

Navigate to "K-menu" -> "System Settings" -> "Shortcuts and Gestures" ->
"Custom Shortcuts". Right-click in the "Name" area and select "New" ->
"Global Shortcut" -> "Command/URL". Type a name for the shortcut like
"Calculator" and replace the "Comment" if you want. Then click the
"Trigger" tab. Click at the "Shortcut" button which is labeled "None"
and press the special key to trigger the action. Then click the "Action"
tab and enter the command to start the calculator - "kcalc --caption
KCalc" (without quotes) should work. Finally click "Apply" and test if
it works.

Nils

On 04/27/2014 12:50 PM, Nils Kassube wrote:

> Jesse Palser wrote:
>> Running Kubuntu 14.04 64Bit fully updated on my main development
>> desktop. My USB keyboard has a [Calculator] button, but when I press
>> it nothing happens?
>> How would I setup USB keyboard [Calculator] button so it works on my
>> Kubuntu OS?
> I don't know if that calculator button needs some special action, but
> for a "normal" key like F6 it works like this:
>
> Navigate to "K-menu" -> "System Settings" -> "Shortcuts and Gestures" ->
> "Custom Shortcuts". Right-click in the "Name" area and select "New" ->
> "Global Shortcut" -> "Command/URL". Type a name for the shortcut like
> "Calculator" and replace the "Comment" if you want. Then click the
> "Trigger" tab. Click at the "Shortcut" button which is labeled "None"
> and press the special key to trigger the action. Then click the "Action"
> tab and enter the command to start the calculator - "kcalc --caption
> KCalc" (without quotes) should work. Finally click "Apply" and test if
> it works.
>

> Nils

Hi,

Thanks, that worked perfectly.