16.04 fails ldap authentication

Ian Taylor

Sir/Madam

I am having some trouble to get ldap authentication to work in Ubuntu 16.04

I can get it to work in 14.04 ok but so far it fails in 16.04

What I did in 14.04 is

apt-get install ldap-utils libpam-ldap libnss-ldap nslcd

      filled in the various details LDAP Server etc

apt-get install sssd libpam-sss libnss-sss

    ensured /etc/sssd/sssd.conf , /etc/certs/cacert.pem, /etc/nsswitch.conf correct

ensure package auth-client-config is installed

/etc/init.d/nscd restart

update-rc.d nslcd enable

This worked every time for 16.04 but it fails in 16.04

On the 16.04 machine a    telnet (to my ldap server) 636

   Trying 138.251....1...

   Connected to ldap.st-andrews.ac.uk.

   Escape character is '^]'.

Which suggests the 16.04 machine sees the ldap server

Any help to resolve this would be sincerely appreciated

--

Thanking you.

Yours sincerely

Ian Taylor
University of St.Andrews,
School of Physics & Astronomy,
North Haugh,
St.Andrews,
Fife  KY16 9SS,
Scotland.

e-Mail :- [hidden email]
Tel    :- (0)1334-463141
Fax    :- (0)1334-463104

The University of St Andrews
is a charity registered in
Scotland : No SC013532.

Xen

Re: 16.04 fails ldap authentication

Xen
Ian Taylor schreef op 16-06-2017 10:51:

> Which suggests the 16.04 machine sees the ldap server
>
> Any help to resolve this would be sincerely appreciated

Ensure first that you test it with the "getent" program.

That's all I can say. Regards.