2 Soundcards Simultaniously

Ashwani Jain
Hi

I Have HP DX2000MT and its has builtin soundcard.  I tried to install one additional soundcard of Yamah but Ubuntu 5.10 is not even detecting it.  Is it possible to have 2 soundcards working simultaniously or will I have to disable built in one.  Please tell how to configure ubuntu to work with 2 soundcards simultanously

--

Thanks & regards

Ashwani Jain
Systems Administrator

Re: 2 Soundcards Simultaniously

Daniel T Chen
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 12:58:34PM +0530, Ashwani Jain wrote:
> I Have HP DX2000MT and its has builtin soundcard.  I tried to install
> one additional soundcard of Yamah but Ubuntu 5.10 is not even detecting
> it.  Is it possible to have 2 soundcards working simultaniously or will
> I have to disable built in one.  Please tell how to configure ubuntu to
> work with 2 soundcards simultanously

You can use as many cards as you wish provided they're supported by
ALSA. Is your built-in sound chipset working properly with 5.10? Which
additional sound card did you attempt to install?
--
Daniel T. Chen            [hidden email]
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc

Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 23:47:06 -0800
From: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: 2 Soundcards Simultaniously
To: Ubuntu Help and User Discussions <[hidden email]>

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 03:50:08PM +0530, Ashwani Jain wrote:
> Built in -Sound Max Integrated Digital Audio (AC 97)
>
> Add on : Yamaha DS-XG (YMF724F)

Please attach the output from cat /proc/asound/cards. If both do not
appear in the output, please insert each card individually and paste
the output.