2017 GNOME Documentation Sprint

Petr Kovar
Hi Ubuntu docs team,

The GNOME documentation team is organizing a documentation sprint from
August 14-16, 2017 in Cincinnati, OH, USA, and we would like to invite
people from the Ubuntu documentation project to join us to spend some time
together working on content updates for future GNOME releases, as well as
looking into how we could improve on collaboration and planning between
upstream and downstream consumers of desktop documentation.

With Ubuntu moving to upstream GNOME, we are already seeing an increased
number of patches coming from Ubuntu contributors, which is great, and I
think having a joint documentation event could strengthen and expand the
connections even more!

Interested? Let us know! I've set up a wiki page with details on the event
where you can sign up and propose your own ideas for agenda:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/Docs2017

The documentation sprint will follow after the Open Help Conference 2017,
you can read more about that here:

https://conf.openhelp.cc/

As always, you can find GNOME docs folks in #docs on irc.gnome.org.

Hope to see you at the sprint!
Petr Kovar

Re: 2017 GNOME Documentation Sprint

Jeremy Bicha-2
On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM, Petr Kovar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The GNOME documentation team is organizing a documentation sprint from
> August 14-16, 2017 in Cincinnati, OH, USA, and we would like to invite
> people from the Ubuntu documentation project to join us to spend some time
> together working on content updates for future GNOME releases, as well as
> looking into how we could improve on collaboration and planning between
> upstream and downstream consumers of desktop documentation.
>
> https://wiki.gnome.org/Hackfests/Docs2017
>
> The documentation sprint will follow after the Open Help Conference 2017,
> you can read more about that here:
>
> https://conf.openhelp.cc/

Hi, is anyone from Ubuntu interested in attending?

I recommend applying for Ubuntu sponsorship if it would help you
attend. But apply now since applications may take some time to be
processed.

https://community.ubuntu.com/help-information/funding/

I won't be able to attend this year, but I did attend in 2012 and it was good.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha