32-bit support.

Ian Bruntlett
Hi,

I spotted a post by Canonical about support for 32-bit:-
"Thanks to the huge amount of feedback this weekend from gamers, Ubuntu Studio, and the WINE community, we will change our plan and build selected 32-bit i386 packages for Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 LTS."

Short story: I have been and will continue to test Ubuntu/Lubuntu on actual 32-bit hardware.

I have been running a Computer Refurbishment Project for the benefits of members of Contact Morpeth, a mental health charity. The number of 32-bit systems still in use are declining but there are a few systems soldiering on that I test Ubuntu/Lubuntu on.

Also: a side issue. The Ubuntu shop seems to have closed down. Before I pass on equipment, I've been putting an Ubuntu Linux sticker on it. Will stickers still be available?

BW,

Ian

Re: [lubuntu-devel] 32-bit support.

Walter Lapchynski
On 2019-06-24 18:06, Ian Bruntlett wrote:
> Short story: I have been and will continue to test Ubuntu/Lubuntu on
> actual 32-bit hardware.

To be clear, this doesn't change the fact that installation images
targeted at 32-bit will not be available.

I should also point out that the post referred to "selected" packages,
so it's not necessarily an assurance that all 32 bit packages will be
available.

--
       @wxl | polka.bike
C563 CAC5 8BE1 2F22 A49D