A PPC guy who want's to contribute intoduction...

A PPC guy who want's to contribute intoduction...

LOKI-3
Hi to all,

My name is Dylan and I'm an American living abroad in Taiwan. I
understand there's some wants for a ppc guy to contribute to backports
to help get things going on the ppc end. I'm your man. There's nothing
to brag about other than I can contribute and do my best to bring the
ppc folks up to speed with my background of PPC computers and knowledge.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or have any further
curiosities. you can message me on aim or msn (aim: lemon2k)
(msn:[hidden email]). I have a chinese name for Taiwan and I go by
何孟維 so if you see that in my posts then it's me. Otherwise I'm known
as Dylan. I hope I bring some ease to backports and to meet new folks.

Cheers,
-Dylan

Re: A PPC guy who want's to contribute intoduction...

John Dong-2
Most of our Backports work is automated at the server end (as far as compiling and providing the end product is concerned), so left at our ends is the huge task of quality assurance. The best way YOU can help us is by:

(1) Testing a compile for packages people request (make sure they build on PPC)
(2) Making sure the package functions correctly -- install it and try most functions. Often times a backport will compile just fine, but is unstable during usage.
(3) Help users out on the mailing list and the forums. We get swamped. Sift through "backport requests" for things that we can and cannot do.

Thanks