A question about multiple boot options and live boot iso images

Re: A question about multiple boot options and live boot iso images

Gilles Gravier-2
Bret,

On 01/11/2019 14:02, Bret Busby wrote:

> On 01/11/2019, Liam Proven <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 at 00:34, Bret Busby <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> And, that is designated as a dual boot DVD - Linux Format issue July 2008.
>> Bret, that is ELEVEN YEARS OLD. It is hopelessly obsolete and you
>> might as well throw it away.
>>
> I was not aware that I still had the DVD, until I found it in a stack
> of iso discs, that I have.
>
> My reason for mentioning it, and, for mentioning what I did mention
> about it, was that eleven years ago, now, and, as you said, when
> Ubuntu was only two years old, the capability existed, for creating
> DVD's with the multiple boot facility, that gave a user the ability
> to, using a single DVD, to choose which iso on the DVD, to boot.
>
> In the context of current new computers that do not come with DVD/CD
> drives, and, with the ability to boot from USB thumbdrives, I was
> wondering whether a scenario like that DVD, could now be easily done
> with USB thumbdrives, given that eleven years has passed, since that
> DVD was issued, and, given other advances in Linux (and in GRUB).
>
> It appears, from the responses that I have seen thus far, IT,
> including, especially, Linux, has not progressed to the extent that I
> was seeking.
>
> I will respond to the rest of your email message, later - the response
> is, I think, more complicated.
>
> But, for the moment, I was not aware that 8GB USB thumbdrives are
> still available - I have not seen them available for a while,
> although, I have not dealt with amazon in Australia, yet.

Bret, what you are looking for looks like this:
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/ and works very
well. This is the first one that comes to mind, but it has equivalents
under Linux...

Gilles

Re: A question about multiple boot options and live boot iso images

ubuntu-users mailing list
01 November 2019  at 16:22, Gilles Gravier wrote:
Re: A question about multiple boot  (at least in part)

>Bret, what you are looking for looks like this:
>https://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/ and works very
>well. This is the first one that comes to mind, but it has equivalents
>under Linux...

I said that days ago, but as it was a windows tool expected no interest

Re: A question about multiple boot options and live boot iso images

Gilles Gravier-2
OK... So...

--
Gilles Gravier - [hidden email]