About Mirroring Xubuntu Project

Brivaldo Junior
Hi there,

   I chat with some of you on IRC about create a mirror of Xubuntu Project on Brazil (we have a lot of users here, but not has a local mirror yet).

   I also provide space and bandwidth to some other free softwares like CentOS and LibreOffice too. The main question here is how I could do that to help Xubuntu project?

   When I start to host CentOS, I read their wiki and follow this steps:

1 - Do the first rsync (and the frequency to do that - two times per day)
2 - Inform on a specific e-mail the domain name, the bandwidth and the server capabilities (http, rsync, ftp, etc)
3 - Start to be used as a mirror.

   The motivation is help this project as we help others. We use Linux here on our faculty laboratories, and this is our way to retribute.

   The steps that I followed that time:

      * https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/CreatePublicMirrors

Best regards,
--
Prof. Brivaldo Junior

Re: About Mirroring Xubuntu Project

Pasi Lallinaho-3
Hey!

Thanks for sending out this mail so we don't forget...

As said on the IRC channel, we now have a public draft for instructions for potential Xubuntu releases mirrors at
    https://xubuntu.org/dev/mirrors

Any comments from people who know this area well are appreciated.

Cheers,
Pasi

Pasi Lallinaho (knome)                   › https://open.knome.fi/
Xubuntu Website Lead & Council Member    › https://xubuntu.org/