AboutSystem

Adel-5
hey, is short
 * read "breezy needs you"
 * got idea to improve Ubuntu desktop
 * broadcast idea on irc
 * told to create wiki page
 * done wiki page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AboutSystem
 * done nice part of it
        screenshot http://adel.blogal.org/as/Screenshot.jpg
        code http://adel.blogal.org/as/aboutsystem.tar.bz2
 * wonder about next setup
 * seb128 informs me about https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AboutUbuntu
:/ my bad, I did not tell ubuntu-devel about that, I have no clue how
much progress AboutUbuntu done, but it seems it has more developers
working on it, I have no problem throwing my code and join AboutUbuntu
progress... I just never worked with team as programmer.
what I'm should do?

Re: AboutSystem

Matthew Paul Thomas

Re: AboutSystem

Adel-5
> Hi adel
hey Paul

> Not really, just me, and I'm a beginner. :-) But my About Ubuntu is
> fairly feature-complete, and it retrieves the Ubuntu, Gnome, and Linux
> version numbers dynamically, which I think will be more useful in the
> long term than hard-coding them into the Python.
oh! I have gnome and ubuntu version numbers as static variables, I did
not think it would be hard to change every six months, but if you
managed to automate the process then it's better... you beat me

> Soon I'll put my code onto the Supermirror
> <http://www.sourcecontrol.net/>, and then I'll let you know so you can
> make your own branch to help out if you like.
I don't think there's much rooms to make improvements in such as program
but I'm looking forward to take a look inside

thanks you Paul