Adobe Flash problem

Michael-3
Problems watching ITV on 32bit 18.04. Have tried several Adobe flash
versions, nothing happens after unpack, Which Adobe flash version for
18.04 please, how do I do it.Tks,     Michael D

Re: Adobe Flash problem

Paul Sutton-3

On 21/08/18 06:39, Michael wrot
> Problems watching ITV on 32bit 18.04. Have tried several Adobe flash
> versions, nothing happens after unpack, Which Adobe flash version for
> 18.04 please, how do I do it.Tks,     Michael D

Which browser are you using, I think firefox relies on an external
plugin for flash to work,  however chromium( and i guess chrome)  have
better internal support.

Maybe we need to petition some of these sites and ask them to start
using html5 and dump flash.

I am not sure on the status, in terms of support of 32 bit flash here
and if the websites are properly supporting the 32 bit versions.

Paul

--
Paul Sutton
http://www.zleap.net

Re: Adobe Flash problem

Colin Law
 On 21/08/18 06:39, Michael wrot
 > Problems watching ITV on 32bit 18.04. Have tried several Adobe flash
 > versions, nothing happens after unpack, Which Adobe flash version for
 > 18.04 please, how do I do it.Tks,     Michael D

Is flashplugin-installer installed?  If not then try installing it.

Colin

Re: Adobe Flash problem

Barry Titterton-3
On 21/08/18 08:27, Paul Sutton wrote:

> On 21/08/18 06:39, Michael wrot
>> Problems watching ITV on 32bit 18.04. Have tried several Adobe flash
>> versions, nothing happens after unpack, Which Adobe flash version for
>> 18.04 please, how do I do it.Tks,     Michael D
>>

> Which browser are you using, I think firefox relies on an external
> plugin for flash to work,  however chromium( and i guess chrome)  have
> better internal support.
>
> Maybe we need to petition some of these sites and ask them to start
> using html5 and dump flash.
>
> I am not sure on the status, in terms of support of 32 bit flash here
> and if the websites are properly supporting the 32 bit versions.
>
> Paul

I don't think it is the flash player per se, it is the Adobe flash DRM
that these sites still use that is unsupported (Channel 4 is the same).
As long as Microsoft browsers continue to support this out dated
technology by default these companies will see no reason to change.

Barry T

Re: Adobe Flash problem

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 09:27, Paul Sutton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Which browser are you using, I think firefox relies on an external
> plugin for flash to work,  however chromium( and i guess chrome)  have
> better internal support.

This is incorrect and indeed back-to-front.

Google Chrome has a built-in Flash player. It is freeware but not FOSS.

Chromium is FOSS and has no Flash player.

Solution: use Chrome.