After upgrade 17.10 Telepathy no longer connect to google

After upgrade 17.10 Telepathy no longer connect to google

Brian Brodsky
After I upgraded from Kubuntu 17.04 to 17.10 telepathy would no longer
connect to my Google Account. So I deleted the account and tried to add
it back. When I go to add I either through Telepathy or System Setting
-> Online Accounts I get a dialog box that says: There was an error
while trying to process the request: userActionFinished error: 2.

Thank you,

Brian

Re: After upgrade 17.10 Telepathy no longer connect to google

Mark Fraser-2
On Friday, 20 October 2017 15:46:18 BST Brian Brodsky wrote:
> After I upgraded from Kubuntu 17.04 to 17.10 telepathy would no longer
> connect to my Google Account. So I deleted the account and tried to add
> it back. When I go to add I either through Telepathy or System Setting
> -> Online Accounts I get a dialog box that says: There was an error
> while trying to process the request: userActionFinished error: 2.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brian

Brian,
This bug has been around for a while, see https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/
+source/meta-kde-telepathy/+bug/1070873

Re: After upgrade 17.10 Telepathy no longer connect to google

Brian Brodsky

Mark,

Strange that everything was working until I upgraded to 17.10. I have upgraded this machine through many distribution releases. I also do not have this problem on my desktop computer, which is running a bleeding edge non-Debian based distro, with KDE-Plasma. I did not see anything helpful in trying to resolve this issue in your link. Also that link was distros pre 17.10.

Brian

Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:50:12 +0100
From: Mark Fraser [hidden email]
To: Kubuntu user technical support [hidden email]