Alternatives for Synaptic for Gnome

Paulina Gajoch
Dear all,

Is there any alternative for Synaptic for Gnome? I used Unity to use
Synaptic, but I have a problem with Unity, and I have to use gnome.

Re: Alternatives for Synaptic for Gnome

drew einhorn

Just install synaptic. It runs fine with gnome.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017, 9:05 AM Paulina Gajoch <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

Is there any alternative for Synaptic for Gnome? I used Unity to use
Synaptic, but I have a problem with Unity, and I have to use gnome.

I don't remember, I don't recall
I got no memory of anything at all
    -- Peter Gabriel

Re: Alternatives for Synaptic for Gnome

Francis (Grizzly) Smit

if your running gnome  -shell on wayland you'll not be able to run synaptic because it needs to run as root, to overcome this run xhost si:localuser:root and it will work, I stuck it in my startup applications as
command: /usr/bin/xhost si:localuser:root
so I don't have to keep running it every time I need to run something as root, and synaptic runs just fine on XWayland

--
   .~.     In my life God comes first....
   /V\         but Linux is pretty high after that :-D