Gnome Commander is a free two pane filemanager in the tradition of
Norton and Midnight Commander, it is built on the GTK-toolkit and
GnomeVFS. Gnome Commander aims to fulfill the demands of more advanced
users who like to focus on file management, their work through special
applications and running smart commands. This program is not aimed at
users wanting the weather forecast in a sidebar in their
* GTK-2 GUI with standard mouse interactions.
* Gnome mime types (MIME-Type management under development).
* FTP using GnomeVFS ftp module.
* SAMBA access.
* Right click mouse menu with the usual file operations to run,
open, open with.., delete or rename files and folders, and also to set
properties like ownership and permissions.
* Mouse context menu that easily can be extended by entries
calling any kind of external application like viewers, editors or
custom scripts to work on selected files or directories.
* Quick device access buttons with automatic mounting and
unmounting ("no-mount" option for just quick access to folders or
otherwise automounted devices).
* Latest accessed folder history.
* Folder bookmarks.
* Plugin support under development.
* Fast file viewer for text, images and image meta data (Exif and IPTC)..
* Tools for advanced renaming of files, searching, quick file name
search in current dir, symlinking, comparing directories.
* Integrated command line.
The authors of the GNOME Commander project.
* Piotr Eljasiak, Project manager/Developer
Mail: epiotr at use.pl
* Assaf Gordon, Developer
Mail: agordon88 at gmail.com
* Magnus Stålnacke, Webpages only
Mail: jemamo at telia.com
* Marcus Bjurman, Former project manager/Developer
Mail: no mail
If you found a bug, please report that on our bugzilla at gnome.org
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=gnome-commander) , there
you can also check if it is already reported, maybe even fixed in CVS.
If you have something to say about this website, then contact Magnus
Stålnacke the author of these webpages.
"La chiave di ogni uomo è il suo pensiero. Benché egli possa apparire
saldo e autonomo, ha un criterio cui obbedisce, che è l'idea in base
alla quale classifica tutte le cose. Può essere cambiato solo
mostrandogli una nuova idea che sovrasti la sua"
"Uno studioso è soltanto un modo in cui una biblioteca crea un'altra