Apt-cacher

Bruce Marshall
Is anyone on here using  apt-cacher?

There's a chronic problem where AC cannot bind to the port it wants to use (3142) and I am currently having this problem.

I used to use AC about 3 years ago when I had the same problem and gave it up.  Looks like I may have to give it up again.

It appears that AC will run the first time you install it.  And it did that for me.  But after rebooting my server it always comes up with:

Unable to bind socket (port 3142)
I've googled this and people have had this problem since 2009, but I haven't found a solution yet.

No, no one is using or LISTENing on that port that I can determine.

Any info would be appreciated.