Are these instructions meant to be executed on Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS?

Are these instructions meant to be executed on Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming-4

Good afternoon from Singapore,

I came across this Linux Journal article titled "DIY: Build a Custom Minimal Linux Distribution from Source", written by Petros Koutoupis.

Are the instructions in this article meant to be executed with ease on Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS or perhaps easier on other Linux distros?

Please advise. Thank you.

===BEGIN SIGNATURE===
Blogs: Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic Qualifications as at 30 Oct 2017
[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/
[2] http://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/
[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming
===END SIGNATURE===

Re: Are these instructions meant to be executed on Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS?

Ian Bruntlett
Hi,

On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 at 10:59, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <[hidden email]> wrote:
I came across this Linux Journal article titled "DIY: Build a Custom Minimal Linux Distribution from Source", written by Petros Koutoupis.

Are the instructions in this article meant to be executed with ease on Ubuntu Server 18.04 LTS or perhaps easier on other Linux distros?

Please advise. Thank you.

Before I offer more advice, could I ask you a question, first?

Why do you want to build a custom minimal Linux distro from source? Based on your answer, I (and other people), can give you more relevant replies.

HTH,

Ian