Arrow keys don't work properly in totem

Stan-18
I've got some shows that I've nuvesported from my MythTV box to view on my
Ubuntu 5.10 laptop. If I use file mamanger to launch an app to view them,
it chooses totem.

This works great execpt for postioning within the show. Acording to the man
pages, I should be able to use the left and right arow keys to move around
in the program. This does not work properly. Sometimes the first time I hit
the right arrow, it moves foward, and pauses. But mostly trying the arrow
keys just moves to the absolute beginjng , or end, or licks tiotem up.

What can I try to fix this?

--
U.S. Encouraged by Vietnam Vote - Officials Cite 83% Turnout Despite Vietcong Terror
- New York Times 9/3/1967