Audio and video files

Gilles SICHE
Hi there,

I have difficulties playing audio or video files with Breezy. I tried to install mplayer but I get a message stating that the application in not in my archive. "This usually means that it is not available for 'votre plateforme de matériel'".

Any light on this would be very appreciated, thanks you in advance

Gilles Siche

Re: Audio and video files

albi@scii.nl
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:21:22 +0200
"Gilles SICHE" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have difficulties playing audio or video files with Breezy. I tried
> to install mplayer but I get a message stating that the application
> in not in my archive. "This usually means that it is not available
> for 'votre plateforme de matériel'".

did you enable universe and multiverse ?

and if you want to play certain video-formats you need "codecs"
installed

download them here :
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
unpack them in /usr/lib/win32/ (create that dir first)

read also this :
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

--
grtjs,