BETA testing vs. daily iso

Peter Teuben-2
hello,

I downloaded the beta ISO, which is dated April 1. I noted the daily is
dated April 4, no surprise I guess.

If one uses the beta, and updates using the usual 'Discover software'
app, is that sufficient to do the testing? I would rather get the
updates right away, but do download a new ISO few times a few just to
test the ISO integrity is a bit much for my lowish bandwidth.

I used a March 26 iso, which looked really fantastic, I actually didn't
run into problems.

- peter

Re: BETA testing vs. daily iso

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi Peter, thanks for asking!

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 7:27 PM Peter Teuben <[hidden email]> wrote:
hello,

I downloaded the beta ISO, which is dated April 1. I noted the daily is
dated April 4, no surprise I guess.

If one uses the beta, and updates using the usual 'Discover software'
app, is that sufficient to do the testing? I would rather get the
updates right away, but do download a new ISO few times a few just to
test the ISO integrity is a bit much for my lowish bandwidth.

What we advise is using zsync, which downloads only the changes. It takes a LOT less time and bandwidth.

I used a March 26 iso, which looked really fantastic, I actually didn't
run into problems.

- peter

Did you report your results on qa tracker? That's what we need for both dailies and the beta candidate. More detail here:

Valorie

Re: BETA testing vs. daily iso

Larry Rink
Kind person, I think you should recheck your intended email address. I received this but I think it was supposed to go to someone else.

May God bless you,

Rev. Larry  Emoji