Bluetooth manager?

Luca Manganelli
Hi, at boot screen I saw that Ubuntu 5.10 has a new service (compared
to 5.04) called Bluetooth. Is there a sort of an application that
manages bluetooth services, does files and/or internet sharing with
other bluetooth devices?

I have a Nokia 770 and I want to share my ADSL connection...

--
"An algorithm must be seen to be believed."
   -- Donald Knuth, in "Fundamental Algorithms"

Re: Bluetooth manager?

custom-5
Hello Luca,

LM> Hi, at boot screen I saw that Ubuntu 5.10 has a new service (compared
LM> to 5.04) called Bluetooth. Is there a sort of an application that
LM> manages bluetooth services, does files and/or internet sharing with
LM> other bluetooth devices?

LM> I have a Nokia 770 and I want to share my ADSL connection...

I have only experience with installing Bluetooth later on verdion
5.04, which was rather limited, but did work.

It's mostly used to send files to and from your phone. Not sure if you
can connect through the internet through it but even if you can, it
won't be ADSL would it.. :)

WOuld be interested to hear if Bluetooth is as functional now as it is
on Windows SP2..  (Which is not perfect when sending/receiving
multiple files, but does the job reliably)

Cheers,
Chanchao

Re: Bluetooth manager?

Pybe

I have only experience with installing Bluetooth later on verdion
5.04, which was rather limited, but did work.

It's mostly used to send files to and from your phone. Not sure if you
can connect through the internet through it but even if you can, it
won't be ADSL would it.. :)

WOuld be interested to hear if Bluetooth is as functional now as it is
on Windows SP2..  (Which is not perfect when sending/receiving
multiple files, but does the job reliably)

Cheers,
Chanchao

Ages ago using fedora I managed to just about get my phone working as a gprs modem for my laptop so there is no reason that you shouldn't beable to use your pc as a bridge for a bluetooth connection assuming that the 770 can use what ever the pc can provide....