Breezy kdm and xdmcp remote kdm

Bugzilla from jason@jeetkunedomaster.net
Has anyone gotten remote kdm to work with breezy? According to my kdm logs
when I turn on debugging theres a seg (sig 11) in manager program, when a
remote system tries to connect to kdm on the server.

--

| Jason Straight
| SkyCon.net 231-627-3528
| ICQ: 1796276 / AIM: JasonRStraight
| MSN: [hidden email] / Yahoo: jasonrstraight

Re: Breezy kdm and xdmcp remote kdm

On Saturday 12 November 2005 17:21, Jason Straight wrote:
> Has anyone gotten remote kdm to work with breezy? According to my kdm logs
> when I turn on debugging theres a seg (sig 11) in manager program, when a
> remote system tries to connect to kdm on the server.

Well, I got the rest of the configs setup right apparently because I installed
GDM changed one line gdm.conf and it worked fine. So it would appear that kdm
has broken xdmcp. :(

On Saturday 12 November 2005 18:04, Jason Straight wrote:
> On Saturday 12 November 2005 17:21, Jason Straight wrote:
> > Has anyone gotten remote kdm to work with breezy? According to my kdm
> > logs when I turn on debugging theres a seg (sig 11) in manager program,
> > when a remote system tries to connect to kdm on the server.
>
> Well, I got the rest of the configs setup right apparently because I
> installed GDM changed one line gdm.conf and it worked fine. So it would
> appear that kdm has broken xdmcp. :(

I found the bug on bugzilla, nevermind. Guess I need to learn to search
better. :)

This is going to put a kink in my local library plans if it's not fixed.

--

| Jason Straight
| SkyCon.net 231-627-3528
| ICQ: 1796276 / AIM: JasonRStraight
| MSN: [hidden email] / Yahoo: jasonrstraight

Re: Re: Breezy kdm and xdmcp remote kdm

Jonathan Riddell-2
On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 06:22:58PM -0500, Jason Straight wrote:

> On Saturday 12 November 2005 18:04, Jason Straight wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 November 2005 17:21, Jason Straight wrote:
> > > Has anyone gotten remote kdm to work with breezy? According to my kdm
> > > logs when I turn on debugging theres a seg (sig 11) in manager program,
> > > when a remote system tries to connect to kdm on the server.
> >
> > Well, I got the rest of the configs setup right apparently because I
> > installed GDM changed one line gdm.conf and it worked fine. So it would
> > appear that kdm has broken xdmcp. :(
>
> I found the bug on bugzilla, nevermind. Guess I need to learn to search
> better. :)
>
> This is going to put a kink in my local library plans if it's not fixed.

Have you tried the KDE 3.5 rc1 packages?

Jonathan Riddell

On Sunday 13 November 2005 10:21, Jonathan Riddell wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 12, 2005 at 06:22:58PM -0500, Jason Straight wrote:
> > >
> > > Well, I got the rest of the configs setup right apparently because I
> > > installed GDM changed one line gdm.conf and it worked fine. So it would
> > > appear that kdm has broken xdmcp. :(
> >
> > I found the bug on bugzilla, nevermind. Guess I need to learn to search
> > better. :)
> >
> > This is going to put a kink in my local library plans if it's not fixed.
>
> Have you tried the KDE 3.5 rc1 packages?
>
> Jonathan Riddell

Yeah, I just tried last night - 3.5 rc1 does work. I was gonna tell you on IRC
but you weren't around, and I forgot to send a mail.

All was good after I went on a file renaming spree and found that dang sound
preview bug on rc1.

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:10:51AM -0500, Jason Straight wrote:
> All was good after I went on a file renaming spree and found that dang sound
> preview bug on rc1.

Sound preview bug?

Jonathan

On Sunday 13 November 2005 11:56, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 11:10:51AM -0500, Jason Straight wrote:
> > All was good after I went on a file renaming spree and found that dang
> > sound preview bug on rc1.
>
> Sound preview bug?
>
> Jonathan

Yeah, I put it on the wiki, the desktop/konqueror crash some people were
having when they moused over an icon is due to preview sounds being turned
on.

--

| Jason Straight
| SkyCon.net 231-627-3528
| ICQ: 1796276 / AIM: JasonRStraight
| MSN: [hidden email] / Yahoo: jasonrstraight

Re: Breezy kdm and xdmcp remote kdm

Derek Broughton-2
Jason Straight wrote:

> On Saturday 12 November 2005 17:21, Jason Straight wrote:
>> Has anyone gotten remote kdm to work with breezy? According to my kdm
>> logs when I turn on debugging theres a seg (sig 11) in manager program,
>> when a remote system tries to connect to kdm on the server.
>
> Well, I got the rest of the configs setup right apparently because I
> installed GDM changed one line gdm.conf and it worked fine. So it would
> appear that kdm has broken xdmcp. :(

afaict, about 1 month ago.  I used to use it on a daily basis, and it broke.
However, there were no updates to kdm or even Xorg at the time it broke, so
I couldn't figure out what changed. A new Breezy user can't do it either.
I just gave up and got FreeNX working, instead.
--
derek