CP2101 Driver

David Potts-2
Thank you for taking the time to read this request.  I am trying to
figure out what I would need to do to get our current products added
to the CP2101 driver that is included with the latest version of
Ubuntu.  We have tested the current driver with our hardware and it
does operate correctly, but it does need to be updated to support our
device ID's.   Thus if this is possible, or if someone could help by
pointing me in the right direction to update the CP2101.c file it
would be much appreciated.  I can be contacted at this email address.

Thank you,
David Potts
Principal Design Engineer
Arkham Technology

Required changes to the CP2101.c file :
Add the following two lines to the definition of id_table (current
list of devices supported) :

        { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1101) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Bus
Monitor */
        { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1601) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Adaptor */

Re: CP2101 Driver

Tim Gardner-2
David Potts wrote:

> Thank you for taking the time to read this request.  I am trying to
> figure out what I would need to do to get our current products added
> to the CP2101 driver that is included with the latest version of
> Ubuntu.  We have tested the current driver with our hardware and it
> does operate correctly, but it does need to be updated to support our
> device ID's.   Thus if this is possible, or if someone could help by
> pointing me in the right direction to update the CP2101.c file it
> would be much appreciated.  I can be contacted at this email address.
>
> Thank you,
> David Potts
> Principal Design Engineer
> Arkham Technology
>

> Required changes to the CP2101.c file :
> Add the following two lines to the definition of id_table (current
> list of devices supported) :
>
> { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1101) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Bus
> Monitor */
> { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1601) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Adaptor */

David - we prefer that these patches go upstream first. I'd create a
patch against Linus' current tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git,
then email the author (which appears to be Craig Shelley
[hidden email]) and Greg Kroah-Hartman [hidden email] (the USB
sub-system maintainer)

See Documentation/SubmittingPatches from the kernel tree for details.

rtg
--
Tim Gardner [hidden email]

Re: CP2101 Driver

Amit Kucheria-6
On 09 Jul 05, Tim Gardner wrote:

> David Potts wrote:
> > Thank you for taking the time to read this request.  I am trying to
> > figure out what I would need to do to get our current products added
> > to the CP2101 driver that is included with the latest version of
> > Ubuntu.  We have tested the current driver with our hardware and it
> > does operate correctly, but it does need to be updated to support our
> > device ID's.   Thus if this is possible, or if someone could help by
> > pointing me in the right direction to update the CP2101.c file it
> > would be much appreciated.  I can be contacted at this email address.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > David Potts
> > Principal Design Engineer
> > Arkham Technology
> >

> > Required changes to the CP2101.c file :
> > Add the following two lines to the definition of id_table (current
> > list of devices supported) :
> >
> > { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1101) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Bus
> > Monitor */
> > { USB_DEVICE(0x10C4, 0x1601) }, /* Arkham Technology DS101 Adaptor */
> >

> David - we prefer that these patches go upstream first. I'd create a
> patch against Linus' current tree at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git,
> then email the author (which appears to be Craig Shelley
> [hidden email]) and Greg Kroah-Hartman [hidden email] (the USB
> sub-system maintainer)
>
> See Documentation/SubmittingPatches from the kernel tree for details.

As sent by me this time[1]. Once this patch is accepted, please ping us
back and we'll make sure it is in Ubuntu.

Regards,
Amit

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/7/6/106