CUPS Network Printer: How to reset?

Ali Milis
I am sharing a HP LaserJet network printer with others
(by using port 9100). Somehow, my lp queue went into
stale state.

I reset it by rewriting manually the "State idle" in the
  /etc/cups/printers.conf  file.

Question: May I know the proper way to reset it by using
CUPS utilities?

Thank you,

--
  Ali Milis.

Re: CUPS Network Printer: How to reset?

Sasha Tsykin
To reset any CUPS device, or any other device which is connected to a
daemon just restart the daemon, so in the case of CUPS:

sudo /etc/init.d/cupsys restart

If you want to do so graphically, the open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install ksysguard

When it has finished installing you sould be able to open it in the
gnome applications menu through System Tools, however to restart cupsys
you will need to open it with root privileges. To do so open either a
terminal or the Run Application box and type:

gksudo ksysguard