Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Valorie Zimmerman
Hello folks, tonight I saw this:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309 which is 17.10
Artful Aardvark Mascot.

It would be great to have a design that uses this mascot in some way,
and the newest Plasma wallpaper (or a small part of it) [1] to make a
banner we can roll out on release day, October 19th, 2017 as our
present 17.04 banner does on https://kubuntu.org/.

Can we get more details on how big the banner should be, in what
format etc. and issue a call for this on social media?

If we start now we can have it done in time, I think.

Valorie

1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Valorie Zimmerman
https://kubuntu.org/?p=3395&preview=true

Changes, suggestions?

Valorie

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:11 AM, Aaron Honeycutt
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> The current banner is 1500x385 and I believe it would be best to be svg. A
> call did not work last time if I remember correctly. But no reason not to do
> another one at all.
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks, tonight I saw this:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309 which is 17.10
>> Artful Aardvark Mascot.
>>
>> It would be great to have a design that uses this mascot in some way,
>> and the newest Plasma wallpaper (or a small part of it) [1] to make a
>> banner we can roll out on release day, October 19th, 2017 as our
>> present 17.04 banner does on https://kubuntu.org/.
>>
>> Can we get more details on how big the banner should be, in what
>> format etc. and issue a call for this on social media?
>>
>> If we start now we can have it done in time, I think.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> 1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php
>>
>> --
>> http://about.me/valoriez
>>
>> --

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Dale Trombley
Valorie, your link gives me a 404 page. Or is it a special access authorization sort of page?

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The current banner is 1500x385 and I believe it would be best to be svg. A
> call did not work last time if I remember correctly. But no reason not to do
> another one at all.
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks, tonight I saw this:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309 which is 17.10
>> Artful Aardvark Mascot.
>>
>> It would be great to have a design that uses this mascot in some way,
>> and the newest Plasma wallpaper (or a small part of it) [1] to make a
>> banner we can roll out on release day, October 19th, 2017 as our
>> present 17.04 banner does on https://kubuntu.org/.
>>
>> Can we get more details on how big the banner should be, in what
>> format etc. and issue a call for this on social media?
>>
>> If we start now we can have it done in time, I think.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> 1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php
>>
>> --
>> http://about.me/valoriez
>>
>> --

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Aaron Honeycutt-2
That URL will not work when sharing. If you want someone to review might be best to take a screenshot of the preview page and share that.

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The current banner is 1500x385 and I believe it would be best to be svg. A
> call did not work last time if I remember correctly. But no reason not to do
> another one at all.
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Valorie Zimmerman
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks, tonight I saw this:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309 which is 17.10
>> Artful Aardvark Mascot.
>>
>> It would be great to have a design that uses this mascot in some way,
>> and the newest Plasma wallpaper (or a small part of it) [1] to make a
>> banner we can roll out on release day, October 19th, 2017 as our
>> present 17.04 banner does on https://kubuntu.org/.
>>
>> Can we get more details on how big the banner should be, in what
>> format etc. and issue a call for this on social media?
>>
>> If we start now we can have it done in time, I think.
>>
>> Valorie
>>
>> 1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php
>>
>> --
>> http://about.me/valoriez
>>
>> --

http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Valorie Zimmerman
Sorry, didn't see this before publishing:

https://kubuntu.org/news/call-for-design-artful-banner-for-kubuntu-org-website/

http://about.me/valoriez