Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Valorie Zimmerman
Published on Kubuntu.org:
https://kubuntu.org/news/call-for-design-artful-banner-for-kubuntu-org-website/

Kubuntu 17.10 — code-named Artful Aardvark — will be released on
October 19th, 2017. We need a new banner for the website, and invite
artists and designers to submit designs to us based on the Plasma
wallpaper [1] and perhaps the mascot design [2].

The banner is 1500×385 SVG.

Please submit designs to the Kubuntu-devel mail list [3].

1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php
2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309

Please spread this information around on social media or to designers
and artists you know.

Thanks,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Tomasz Dudzik
Just sended one ;)

Published on Kubuntu.org:
https://kubuntu.org/news/call-for-design-artful-banner-for-kubuntu-org-website/

Kubuntu 17.10 — code-named Artful Aardvark — will be released on
October 19th, 2017. We need a new banner for the website, and invite
artists and designers to submit designs to us based on the Plasma
wallpaper [1] and perhaps the mascot design [2].

The banner is 1500×385 SVG.

Please submit designs to the Kubuntu-devel mail list [3].

1. https://www.kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.10.5.php
2. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1717309

Please spread this information around on social media or to designers
and artists you know.

Thanks,

Valorie

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Pozdrawiam, T. Dudzik

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Clive Johnston-3
So a submission was posted to IRC today:

I was playing about with using the Plasma 5.10 wallpaper as a background to the banner.  I'm afraid my art and design skills are very basic, but it might provide inspiration to someone, so I decided to share it here - https://i.imgur.com/PTEh7cA.png

The wallpaper can be found here - https://store.kde.org/p/1170141/ for anyone who wants to run with that idea.

Clive

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM, Clive Johnston <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So a submission was posted to IRC today:
>
> [12:21:25] <sheytan_> I'm not sure if you got my email on the mailing list,
> so here you are: https://i.imgur.com/O7eTtbS.jpg

Thanks Sheytan! If you had an attachment to your email, it didn't come
through. I think we need to use the wallpaper, rather than a neutral
background.

> I was playing about with using the Plasma 5.10 wallpaper as a background to
> the banner.  I'm afraid my art and design skills are very basic, but it
> might provide inspiration to someone, so I decided to share it here -
> https://i.imgur.com/PTEh7cA.png
>
> The wallpaper can be found here - https://store.kde.org/p/1170141/ for
> anyone who wants to run with that idea.
>
> Clive

Hey Clive, I like where you are going with that, although I don't like
the lettering on the bottom right. I'm not sure we need the code name
-- just Kubuntu 17.10 which is the official name.

Thanks for finding that store.k.o link for the wallpaper!

Valorie

Here are two different versions: https://imgur.com/a/hdFj2

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Pozdrawiam, T. Dudzik

Re: Call for design: Artful Banner for Kubuntu.org website

Valorie Zimmerman
Hi folks, last chance to send in a banner. Personally, I really would
like one somewhat like we have now, with the newer wallpaper blurred
out some and no fancy lettering. This is not an art project but a
window on our newest release. -v