Call for testing: mongodb 3.6

Robie Basak-4
I've updated mongodb and mongo-tools from 3.4 to 3.6 in Bionic (LP:
#1761807). They remain in universe.

As this is very late in the cycle, I took quite some care in testing
things to detect any packaging regressions. I found none.

If you use mongodb at all, please help us by testing so that we can fix
any issues before release if possible.

You can find mongodb 3.6 release notes here:

  https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/release-notes/3.6/

and compatibility changes for 3.6 here:

  https://docs.mongodb.com/manual/release-notes/3.6-compatibility/

On upgrade from 3.4, mongod will remain in 3.4 compatibility mode by
default, so from a distribution perpsective I believe this will be safe.
Nevertheless, all testing is valuable and appreciated.

Thanks,

Robie

Re: Call for testing: mongodb 3.6

Frank Heimes
I just did a smoke test on s390x and it looks fine.
Installation and basic use was flawless ...

Thx for the update (and FFe)!

Frank Heimes | Tech. Lead Ubuntu Server on Z | Canonical Ltd.
irc: jfh