Changing Ubuntu Translation project platform

Changing Ubuntu Translation project platform

Jwtiyar ali
Hey
(I don't know if its Right or not to post these request)
As Now Iam working with various translation projects, There too much good and productive platforms available for online translation, such as weblate and pontoon which are open source also, They do offer very good features and tools, And working with theme is very very easy and make your work more faster and effective.
For example translation memory (TM), It will automatically creates a TM for you to use it in any place and see your contribution how its grows, With import and export feature you can bring all your TM from other projects to get benefit from them with out translating same string again and again.
Another things its very useful is you can use search to any string inside all project not just a specific part Like Launchpad. Like when you see one string not translated to your language
It makes you translate most important strings from the beginning of translation and these translation that most users interacts with.

I hope you do your research and leave launchpad because its very old and very rare of new features that all other new platform have.

Best Regards.

Jwtiyar Nariman
Ex-Regional Leader At Gmaps
Physical Lab. / Internal Auditor (ISO 9001:2015)
Mass Iraq Co. for cement industry
Why Linux Is Better
Freedom For Abdullah OcalanĀ  (APO)

Re: Changing Ubuntu Translation project platform

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-07-28 14:28, Jwtiyar ali wrote:
> Hey
> (I don't know if its Right or not to post these request)

Suggestions for improvement are never wrong. :)

> As Now Iam working with various translation projects, There too much
> good and productive platforms available for online translation, such
> as weblate and pontoon which are open source also, They do offer very
> good features and tools, And working with theme is very very easy and
> make your work more faster and effective.
> For example translation memory (TM), It will automatically creates a
> TM for you to use it in any place and see your contribution how its
> grows, With import and export feature you can bring all your TM from
> other projects to get benefit from them with out translating same
> string again and again.
> Another things its very useful is you can use search to any string
> inside all project not just a specific part Like Launchpad. Like when
> you see one string not translated to your language
> It makes you translate most important strings from the beginning of
> translation and these translation that most users interacts with.
>
> I hope you do your research and leave launchpad because its very old
> and very rare of new features that all other new platform have.

There is a discussion on approximately the same topic here:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/reconcidering-workflows/4656

I would suggest that you participate in that Discourse topic instead.
This mailing list is not a good place to discuss Ubuntu's infrastructure.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj