Changing the port of a cgi application under Apache2

Changing the port of a cgi application under Apache2

Steve Zatz
Folks, I know this is a general Apache2 question but I cannot find the
answer after googling, etc. and hope that the friendly and
knowledgeable Ubuntu users can help.  I am running Breezy in a pretty
standard install.  I have a cgi application that I would like to
respond to requests on a port other than 80 (say 8000).  I currently
have a file in conf.d where a ScriptAlias for the cgi app is defined
and I assume that I can also change the port for the cgi app via the
same conf.d file but I can't find any instructions as to what the form
of the instruction to do so.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

Re: Changing the port of a cgi application under Apache2

Dick Davies-2
CGI listens at a URL, not a port.

If you really want it on a port, best thing is to

* tell apache to listen on an additional port
* make a virtual host on that port
* scriptalias / -> /path/to/cgi in that vhost

http://number9.hellooperator.net/

Re: Changing the port of a cgi application under Apache2

Steve Zatz
> * tell apache to listen on an additional port
> * make a virtual host on that port
> * scriptalias / -> /path/to/cgi in that vhost

Worked perfectly. Thanks.