Citrix Client on Breezy Badger?

David Mummery
Hi all -

I've installed the latest Citrix Client (v.9) from tarball onto Breezy Badger.

The Citrix client fails to launch with the error:

"/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3:
Cannot open shared objectfile. No such file or directory."

I have used the ICAClient on Debian Sarge and know I need to install package
libmotif3. I was able to install this from a sarge repository onto Breezy
Badger but still have the same problem.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

David Mummery

Re: Citrix Client on Breezy Badger?

Albin Blaschka-2
David Mummery schrieb:

> Hi all -
>
> I've installed the latest Citrix Client (v.9) from tarball onto Breezy Badger.
>
> The Citrix client fails to launch with the error:
>
> "/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3:
> Cannot open shared objectfile. No such file or directory."
>
> I have used the ICAClient on Debian Sarge and know I need to install package
> libmotif3. I was able to install this from a sarge repository onto Breezy
> Badger but still have the same problem.
>
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David Mummery

Hello,

Maybe the file is not in the path where the system looks for libraries,
maybe the following steps help:

* At first, open a console
* type: sudo su (to get root-priviliges - so be careful with your next
   steps...)
* enter your password
* issue the command: find / -name libXm.so.3
   => that means look on the whole filesystem for a file with the name
      libXm.so.3

If you get a line where the filename is mentioned then the following
steps are necessary:

enter: nano ld.so.conf
   => Now a text-editor opens with a file which lists the directories
      where the systems looks for libraries

There you should *not* find the directory the output of find... from
above. Just enter/append the directory to the list you find in this file
press: ctrl + o (for saving the file) and then ctrl + x (for exiting)
then issue the command: ldd

Done!

If you are lucky, your programm should now run...if there a questions,
just ask...

Best wishes,
Albin

| Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer.nat
| Fachbereich f?r Organismische Biologie, Universit?t Salzburg
| Hellbrunnerstr. 34, A - 5020 Salzburg, ?sterreich
|
| It's hard to live in the mountains, hard, but not hopeless!

Re: Citrix Client on Breezy Badger?

Mr. Knisely
David Mummery wrote:

>Hi all -
>
>I've installed the latest Citrix Client (v.9) from tarball onto Breezy Badger.
>
>The Citrix client fails to launch with the error:
>
>"/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfcmgr: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3:
>Cannot open shared objectfile. No such file or directory."
>
>I have used the ICAClient on Debian Sarge and know I need to install package
>libmotif3. I was able to install this from a sarge repository onto Breezy
>Badger but still have the same problem.
>
>Any ideas anyone?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>David Mummery

Search in synaptic for libXm.  The ICA client needs an older verions
than what you have.

Mike K.