Compcache

candrews
I'm very interested in compcache, and I think it is incredibly important
to the netbook/mobile platforms that Ubuntu is interested in going
forward.

Even the karmic kernel ships a very old version of compcache. Since this
version has been released, there have been a number of improvements that
help performance.

Can you please update compcache in the karmic kernel, or remove compcache
from the kernel package and use DKMS instead so it can upgraded easier by
external (non-kernel) maintainers?

Thanks!
~Craig

Re: Compcache

Manoj Iyer

compcache version upgrade patch is waiting on ubuntu kernel maintainers
ack for karmic. I updated your bug with comments & marked it incomplete.
Thanks for reporting the bug.

Cheers
--- manjo