Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

today I've got the notice a new version is finally available.

I've tried the update but I've got a prompt saying "Connection to snap store failed. Your system does not have a connection to the snap store. For the best upgrade experience make sure your system can connect to api.snapcraft.io. Do you still want to continue with the upgrade?"

I haven't ever used snap: I prefer the good ole apt.

Anyway what should I do?

Can you help me please?

Thanks

Francesco.

Re: Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

Colin Law
On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 13:43, sandman42 via ubuntu-users
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> today I've got the notice a new version is finally available.
>
> I've tried the update but I've got a prompt saying "Connection to snap store failed. Your system does not have a connection to the snap store. For the best upgrade experience make sure your system can connect to api.snapcraft.io. Do you still want to continue with the upgrade?"
>
> I haven't ever used snap: I prefer the good ole apt.

Well you are going to now, some components are installed as snaps as
standard, I believe.

Can you access that url?  Click on the url you posted or ping it.  If
you can then try the upgrade again, it may have been a temporary
connection issue.

Colin

Re: Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

ubuntu-users mailing list

> Il 03/10/2020 10:27 Colin Law <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>

> On Fri, 2 Oct 2020 at 13:43, sandman42 via ubuntu-users
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > today I've got the notice a new version is finally available.
> >
> > I've tried the update but I've got a prompt saying "Connection to snap store failed. Your system does not have a connection to the snap store. For the best upgrade experience make sure your system can connect to api.snapcraft.io. Do you still want to continue with the upgrade?"

> Well you are going to now, some components are installed as snaps as standard, I believe.
> Can you access that url?  Click on the url you posted or ping it.  If
> you can then try the upgrade again, it may have been a temporary
> connection issue.

Hi, you're right. Where we no access to that URL on friday and saturday. Today there's access and I'm upgrading right now without problems.

Thanks for your support

Ciao

Re: Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

Oliver Grawert
hi,
Am Montag, den 05.10.2020, 09:55 +0200 schrieb sandman42 via ubuntu-
users:

> > Well you are going to now, some components are installed as snaps
> > as standard, I believe.
> > Can you access that url?  Click on the url you posted or ping
> > it.  If
> > you can then try the upgrade again, it may have been a temporary
> > connection issue.
>
> Hi, you're right. Where we no access to that URL on friday and
> saturday. Today there's access and I'm upgrading right now without
> problems.
>
> Thanks for your support
for reference (i.e. the next person on the list hitting connection
issues with snap downloads/upgrades), there is:

https://status.snapcraft.io/

ciao
        oli

Re: Connection to snap store failed in 18.04 -> 20.04.1 upgrade

ubuntu-users mailing list

> Il 05/10/2020 11:52 Oliver Grawert <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> > Hi, you're right. Where we no access to that URL on friday and
> > saturday. Today there's access and I'm upgrading right now without
> > problems.
> >
> > Thanks for your support
>
> for reference (i.e. the next person on the list hitting connection
> issues with snap downloads/upgrades), there is:
>
> https://status.snapcraft.io/

Good to know. Very useful.
Thanks

Danke dir