Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing

flocculant
At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
[1] for the Cosmic Beta.

Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
something to test this for us all.

Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
thread as soon as someone sees them.

thanks all

Kev

Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing

flocculant
On 25/09/18 06:25, flocculant wrote:

> At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
> [1] for the Cosmic Beta.
>
> Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
> something to test this for us all.
>
> Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
> thread as soon as someone sees them.
>
> thanks all
>
> Kev

64 bit images :
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/396/builds/181438/testcases

32 bit images :
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/396/builds/181439/testcases

Cheers

Kev

Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing

Paul Waring
On 25/09/18 06:25, flocculant wrote:
> At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
> [1] for the Cosmic Beta.
>
> Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
> something to test this for us all.

Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?

I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
what exactly needs testing.

Cheers

Paul

--
Paul Waring
Freelance PHP developer

On 25/09/18 18:26, Paul Waring wrote:

> On 25/09/18 06:25, flocculant wrote:
>> At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
>> [1] for the Cosmic Beta.
>>
>> Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
>> something to test this for us all.
>
> Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
> looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?
>
> I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
> what exactly needs testing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

We'd want the images checked as a minimum.

Applications need testing too - but perhaps concentrate on ones you use.

Hope that helps.

You need to report to the tracker - that's where we will look for results.

Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing

Aaron Franke
What's up with the message of "WARNING: This image is OVERSIZED. This should never happen during milestone testing." ?

On 25/09/18 19:21, Aaron Franke wrote:
What's up with the message of "WARNING: This image is OVERSIZED. This should never happen during milestone testing." ?

On Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 1:34:00 PM EDT, flocculant [hidden email] wrote:

On 25/09/18 18:26, Paul Waring wrote:
> On 25/09/18 06:25, flocculant wrote:
>> At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
>> [1] for the Cosmic Beta.
>>
>> Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
>> something to test this for us all.
>
> Are there specific things which need to be tested, or are you just
> looking for people to install the image in a VM and see if it works?
>
> I only signed up for the mailing list a few days ago so I'm not sure
> what exactly needs testing.
>
> Cheers
>
> Paul

We'd want the images checked as a minimum.

Applications need testing too - but perhaps concentrate on ones you use.

Hope that helps.

You need to report to the tracker - that's where we will look for results.

There is an arbitrary size limit for iso's - if the iso os over that limit you see the message.

Just means that the limit needs to be revisited at some point.

Re: Cosmic Cuttlefish (18.10) Beta Testing

flocculant
On 25/09/18 06:25, flocculant wrote:

> At some point during today we should see images arrive at the tracker
> [1] for the Cosmic Beta.
>
> Please help to test this milestone - everyone should be able to do
> something to test this for us all.
>
> Links to the Beta section on the iso tracker will be posted to this
> thread as soon as someone sees them.
>
> thanks all
>
> Kev

Unsurprsingly  - we're getting respins shortly so will need to at least
smoketest the images again.

Though if people haven't tested yet - and intended to - please do what
you already intended to do ;)

Cheers