Creating Sundanese Laguage Translation

Ilham Nurwansah
Dear Ubuntu Translation Coordinator,

Firstly I would like to introduce my self. My name is Ilham, live in West Java, Indonesia where the people mostly speak in Sundanese (su) language. Sundanese is the second largest language spoken in Indonesia. For several years, I've tried to contact you to try to make the translation of Sundanese.

I hope there's a way to make it possible. I see that the Indonesian and Acehnese has existed in translation project on the Launchpad. I've made a team to do the Sundanese translation project (https://launchpad.net/~sundanese), and it still need approval from you.

Pleas let me know if there any condition to make the Sundanese translation available for Ubuntu. I'll try my best to fulfill it.

Best wishes,
Ilham

Re: Creating Sundanese Laguage Translation

Danilo Šegan-5

Hi Ilham,

It's great to see interest in translating to Sundanese language. Please follow the guidelines regarding naming the team ("ubuntu-l10n-su") and having appropriate permissions as described on

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/KnowledgeBase/StartingTeam

After the team is set up properly, we'll make it part of the Ubuntu Translators group.

  https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups/ubuntu-translators

Also be sure to provide all the relevant details for the Sundanese language (like plural forms and such: it's all documented on StartingTeam page, and we need it to fill in missing bits of https://translations.launchpad.net/+languages/su)

While it's not a blocker for starting translations in Launchpad for Ubuntu, your translations will be useless until you also ensure there is a "locale" definition for Sundanese (su_ID, look at eg. /usr/share/i18n/locale/id_ID as an example of one). These need to be pushed into GNU libc.

Cheers,
Danilo

Дана 07.08.2017., у 07:55, Ilham Nurwansah је написао/ла:
[...]

Hi Danilo,

Thanks for your respond. Since I've made the former team (https://launchpad.net/~sundanese), I couldn't find the way to change the name appeared in URL, but I can change the display name. In this case, should I make new team again?

Now I'm arranging the relevant detail for the Sundanese language, and will be back to you as soon as possible. Sundanese using Latin script as used in Indonesian but it use an e-acute to denote /e/ in contrast with E, e /ə/. I'm sure it's not a problem.

regards,
Ilham

Ilham Nurwansah
Ph. +62 85720091015
email: [hidden email]
~~~~

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 4:32 PM, Danilo Šegan <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Fòram na Gàidhlig
We use Unicode, so non-English characters won't be a problem.

I tried to grab the plural rules off the CLDR for you, but it looks like
there is no locale for Sundanese yet:

http://cldr.unicode.org/

You should consider getting involved with that project too, since it
will put your language on the computing map.

Sgrìobh Ilham Nurwansah na leanas 07/08/2017 aig 12:02: