Dash screen prints

mh-dixon
Hi All.

Is there any way of "recording" the results of Dash actions?  If I open
the Dash and then attempt to take a Screenshot the Dash disappears!

Thanks, again, Martin

Re: Dash screen prints

Kevin Godby-2
Hello, Martin.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Martin Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way of "recording" the results of Dash actions?  If I open
> the Dash and then attempt to take a Screenshot the Dash disappears!

We have a shell script that we run that automatically takes all the
required screenshots.  We haven't yet updated the screenshots for
13.10.  I'm currently working on updating the script and will upload
new screenshots soon.

For now, you don't need to worry about the screenshots on the pages
you review.  If you notice that they are out of date, you're welcome
to add a comment about it in the spreadsheet to serve as a reminder to
me to double-check them after I've updated the script.

Thanks!

—Kevin Godby

Re: Dash screen prints

mh-dixon

On 03/09/13 09:53, Kevin Godby wrote:
> Hello, Martin.
>
> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Martin Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there any way of "recording" the results of Dash actions?  If I open
>> the Dash and then attempt to take a Screenshot the Dash disappears!
> For now, you don't need to worry about the screenshots on the pages
> you review.

Hi Kevin.

I have introduced notes on the s/s, but there was another agenda to my
question which may not be relevant in this forum -
leaving aside documentation if there is a problem which shows up using
the Dash which one wants to document a screenshot might be helpful.
If this technique is impossible one is reduced to a written description
- a picture is worth a thousand words - and all that!
Comments always welcome. Martin

Re: Dash screen prints

Kevin Godby-2
Hello, Martin.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Martin Dixon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have introduced notes on the s/s, but there was another agenda to my
> question which may not be relevant in this forum -
> leaving aside documentation if there is a problem which shows up using
> the Dash which one wants to document a screenshot might be helpful.
> If this technique is impossible one is reduced to a written description
> - a picture is worth a thousand words - and all that!

One possible way is to use the screenshot tool:

1. Open the Dash and search for 'screenshot'.  Open the Screenshot application.

2. Set a suitable delay by modifying the "Grab after delay of ...
seconds" value.

3. Click the Take Screenshot button.

4. Open the Dash and wait until the screenshot is taken.

I hope this helps!

—Kevin