Debmirror: *remove* a distro version

Robert Heller
I current have a local mirror that is maintained with a daily run of
debmirror. Right now, three versions of Ubuntu are maintained: 14.04, 16.04,
and 18.04. Sometime soon, I am going to drop 14.04. Because of the way the the
Ubuntu mirror is structured (all of the package files for all three versions
are in a single tree of package files), I am not sure how to remove just the
(older) 14.04 versions.  With CentOS, this is easy, since its repo is
structured having a separate tree for each major version and removing version
is just a single rm -rf command for that verison's tree.  I would rather not
wipe the whole pool tree and re-populate it from scratch.  It is easy enough
to edit the debmirror config file to remove the old version (trusty), but how
do I clean off the older package files cleanly?

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Re: Debmirror: *remove* a distro version

Rashkae-2
On 2019-06-02 3:03 p.m., Robert Heller wrote:
> I current have a local mirror that is maintained with a daily run of
> debmirror. Right now, three versions of Ubuntu are maintained: 14.04, 16.04,
> and 18.04. Sometime soon, I am going to drop 14.04. Because of the way the the
> Ubuntu mirror is structured (all of the package files for all three versions
> are in a single tree of package files), I am not sure how to remove just the
> (older) 14.04 versions.

Just remove the unwanted dist from your debmirror command and run it
again,, it will clean up after itself.