DeveloperResponsibilities

Matt Zimmerman-2
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResponsibilities

I just noticed that there were some grossly outdated contacts on this page,
and are probably many more (I didn't review it comprehensively).  Questions:

- Is this page actually useful?  If so, who is its intended audience?

- If so, how can we ensure that it's kept up to date?  It would need a
  regular review of some sort

--
 - mdz

Re: DeveloperResponsibilities

Rick Spencer-2
On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 13:12 +0100, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperResponsibilities
>
> I just noticed that there were some grossly outdated contacts on this page,
> and are probably many more (I didn't review it comprehensively).  Questions:
>
> - Is this page actually useful?  If so, who is its intended audience?
>
> - If so, how can we ensure that it's kept up to date?  It would need a
>   regular review of some sort
It's probably of moderate use at best, and hard to keep up to date. I
would suggest weeding it.

Cheers, Rick

Re: DeveloperResponsibilities

Daniel Holbach-2
On 04.06.2010 14:12, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> - If so, how can we ensure that it's kept up to date?  It would need a
>   regular review of some sort

How about listing the responsibilities of teams and how best to get in
touch with them? They'll change less frequently than developers'
interests or roles in companies.

Have a great day,
 Daniel

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:16:29PM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
> On 04.06.2010 14:12, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > - If so, how can we ensure that it's kept up to date?  It would need a
> >   regular review of some sort
>
> How about listing the responsibilities of teams and how best to get in
> touch with them? They'll change less frequently than developers'
> interests or roles in companies.

That sounds like a better idea.  Maybe what we want is not a list of
"developer responsibilities" but an index of teams.

On 04.06.2010 16:53, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 04:16:29PM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:
>> On 04.06.2010 14:12, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>>> - If so, how can we ensure that it's kept up to date?  It would need a
>>>   regular review of some sort
>>
>> How about listing the responsibilities of teams and how best to get in
>> touch with them? They'll change less frequently than developers'
>> interests or roles in companies.
>
> That sounds like a better idea.  Maybe what we want is not a list of
> "developer responsibilities" but an index of teams.

Maybe make it redirect to a future

        https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Teams ?

Have a great day,
 Daniel

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 05:03:51PM +0200, Daniel Holbach wrote:

> On 04.06.2010 16:53, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >>
> >> How about listing the responsibilities of teams and how best to get in
> >> touch with them? They'll change less frequently than developers'
> >> interests or roles in companies.
> >
> > That sounds like a better idea.  Maybe what we want is not a list of
> > "developer responsibilities" but an index of teams.
>
> Maybe make it redirect to a future
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Teams ?

Sounds good to me.  Any volunteers? ;-)

--