Disco Dingo (Final) and Fedora 29 (Workspace Edition) - Dell Dimension E520

Disco Dingo (Final) and Fedora 29 (Workspace Edition) - Dell Dimension E520

Ian Bruntlett
Hi,

So I had this Dell Tower PC running Fedora 29 WSE. Decided to install Disco Dingo (Final) - DDF for short - alongside it.

The installer worked OK. The hard drive partitions were rearranged neatly. All seemed well in the world. Then, suddenly, DDF stopped booting. After a while I seemed to narrow down the problem to Fedora doing "something" to the hard drive. I eventually got the solution - boot into Ubuntu maintenance, get to the root prompt and run update-grub.

I also edited /etc/default/grub to comment out the line:-
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
and ran update-grub again.

I am going to test DDF on a dedicated Dell tower, just in case.

HTH,

Ian