DisplayPort 1.2 Testing Request

Dariusz Gadomski
If you have an Intel VGA with DisplayPort 1.2
and either

* 2 DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled displays in a daisy-chain configuration, or
* a DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hub connected to 2 regular DisplayPort
  monitors.

please check out
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1104230

The kernel builds you see there for Utopic should be safe, but we
still need more testing before the kernel team will consider merging
this to Ubuntu kernel.

I would appreciate giving the kernel from my ppa a try a posting your
feedback in the bug.

Thank you!
Dariusz

Re: DisplayPort 1.2 Testing Request

Dariusz Gadomski
On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 10:47:58AM -0200, Juliano Passaretti wrote:
> Hi Mr. Gadomski.yes, I am using Intel VGA with DisplayPort. I use X-Ubuntu
> 4.14, kernel 3.17v
>
> How should I proceed?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. So if you are using Ubuntu Utopic (14.10)
release please do as follows:
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dgadomski/linux-mst
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa
$ sudo apt-get update

Make sure that
$ apt-cache policy linux-image-3.16.0-26
shows something like:
Candidate: 3.16.0-26.34hf73386v20141127b2

then:
$ sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.16.0-26 linux-headers-3.16.0-26
linux-image-extra-3.16.0-26 xserver-xorg-video-intel

After the installation succeeds please reboot with the new kernel.

This should allow you to use your multi-display configuration with an
Ubuntu-based kernel (as long as you have a DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled
Intel VGA with MST-compatible displays).

If you have an earlier Ubuntu version (Trusty 14.04) the above
commands should install you the Utopic kernel build for Trusty. It should
also work, but I try to focus on Utopic first.

Thank you!
Dariusz