Do not manage to start Aptik in Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Do not manage to start Aptik in Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Bas G. Roufs - in English
Hello Everybody.

Have added the Aptik repo and installed Aptik along the instructions of this page:

http://www.teejeetech.in/p/aptik.html

However, I do not manage to even START Aptik - not via the K-Menu, also not via ALT-F2, even not from the command line.

Have installed Kubuntu 18.04 LTS at "Eee PC seashell series" together with Intel ATOM N570 Dual Core CPU.

Yours.
Bas G. Roufs.

--

Bas G. Roufs

Utrecht, NL, E. [hidden email]; Mob. +31 6 446 835 10;

Re: Do not manage to start Aptik in Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Clay Weber-2
On Sat, May 5, 2018 6:05 am, Bas Roufs wrote:

> Hello Everybody.
>

> Have added the Aptik repo and installed Aptik along the instructions of
> this page:
>
> http://www.teejeetech.in/p/aptik.html
>

> However, I do not manage to even START Aptik - not via the K-Menu, also
> not via ALT-F2, even not from the command line.
>
> Have installed Kubuntu 18.04 LTS at "Eee PC seashell series" together
> with Intel ATOM N570 Dual Core CPU.
>

> Yours.
> Bas G. Roufs.

This is an aptik problem, but I did find the fix here:
https://github.com/teejee2008/aptik/issues/6

Fwd: Do not manage to start Aptik in Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Bas G. Roufs - in English
Hello Clay, George and others.

Yes - "Aptik-GTK" works quite well.

I did manage to make  backup - however, I keep getting "errors". Pls. take a look at the report attached to this message. Is or are there any ways to avoid such "backup errors"?

Yours.

Bas G. Roufs.
On Sat, May 5, 2018 6:05 am, Bas Roufs wrote:
> Hello Everybody.
>

> Have added the Aptik repo and installed Aptik along the instructions of
> this page:
>
> http://www.teejeetech.in/p/aptik.html
>

> However, I do not manage to even START Aptik - not via the K-Menu, also
> not via ALT-F2, even not from the command line.
>
> Have installed Kubuntu 18.04 LTS at "Eee PC seashell series" together
> with Intel ATOM N570 Dual Core CPU.
>

> Yours.
> Bas G. Roufs.

This is an aptik problem, but I did find the fix here:
https://github.com/teejee2008/aptik/issues/6

Bas G. Roufs

Utrecht, NL, E. [hidden email]; Mob. +31 6 446 835 10;

Report backup-with-errors.txt (4 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fwd: Do not manage to start Aptik in Kubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Clay Weber-2
You'll have to either paste the relevant content here, else post the text
to an online paste bin.

Anyway, I had never heard of aptik before, nor have ever had the need for
such a tool.  Not knowing what the errors are, you might want to discuss
it with the aptik folks to get the best answers, I'll guess.

On Sat, May 5, 2018 7:40 pm, Bas Roufs wrote:

> Hello Clay, George and others.
>

> Yes - "Aptik-GTK" works quite well.
>

> I did manage to make  backup - however, I keep getting "errors". Pls.
> take a look at the report attached to this message. Is or are there any
> ways to avoid such "backup errors"?
>
> Yours.
>

> Bas G. Roufs.

In the mean time, I did manage to solve the Aptik problems.