EVMS 2.5.3

James Lee-4
Is there any chance EVMS could be made available for Breezy?  It fixes some
pretty serious issues in 2.5.2 (the version shipped with Breezy) to do with
RAID5 corruption.

Any idea when Breezy backports will start coming out?  There don't seem to
be any at all yet...

James

Re: EVMS 2.5.3

John Dong-2

On 11/18/05, James Lee <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there any chance EVMS could be made available for Breezy?  It fixes some
pretty serious issues in 2.5.2 (the version shipped with Breezy) to do with
RAID5 corruption.

I first wanna get some upstream advice on that. I'm not gonna stand here and pretend to be an expert on EVMS ;)

Any idea when Breezy backports will start coming out?  There don't seem to
be any at all yet...

Umm, I don't know either. It's been very difficult to get ahold of James Troup, or anyone else with answers about this.

James

Re: EVMS 2.5.3

James Lee-4
Yeah, I should probably have mentioned this request comes after some
discussion with EVMS devs on the EVMS mailling list.  Read through the
thread entitled "Possible to create a degraded RAID5 array with EVMS?" in
the evms-devel mailing list:

James