Easytag question

Nigel Ridley-3
I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.

Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
- it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
both the Russian and Hebrew files.

There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
The rest of the NT books are not affected.

It is rather strange - any ideas?

The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3

They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
be grateful.

Blessings,

Nigel

Re: Easytag question

Bruce Marshall
On Saturday 13 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebr
>ew_MP3

I get a 'page not found' from this link.

I listen to a lot of audiobooks and all I ever worry about is that the
filenames are in sort order.  Never bother with the tags.  Works ok.

Re: Easytag question

Nigel Ridley-3
Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Saturday 13 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
>> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebr
>> ew_MP3
>
> I get a 'page not found' from this link.
>
> I listen to a lot of audiobooks and all I ever worry about is that the
> filenames are in sort order.  Never bother with the tags.  Works ok.

Sorry, the URL was cut off :-( here it is its fullness:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3_Bible.htm
or the link to the actual download:
http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Acts_Hebrew.zip (33MB).

All though it is an audio book, the problem is that it is actually 27 books inside a single book:
Main Book: Hebrew NT
Sub Books: 4 Gospels and 23 letters (all classed as 'books' [of the Bible]).
I managed to 'trick' my mp3 player into sub-categorizing the 'books' [of the Bible] by tagging
the 'main book' (Hebrew NT) as the 'Artist' and the sub-books as 'Albums'. Then all i have to do
on my mp3 player is to get it to list 'Artists' and then choose 'Hebrew NT'.
But I digress - even with me editing the original tags, the book of Acts still starts with
chapter 22 - which is quite annoying! And no matter how I try to edit the tags, it still starts
with chapter 22 :-(

Any ideas?

Blessings,

Nigel

Re: Easytag question Solved

Nigel Ridley-3
Nigel Ridley wrote:

> I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
> edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.
>
> Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
> matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
> - it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
> The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
> mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
> both the Russian and Hebrew files.
>
> There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
> Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
> The rest of the NT books are not affected.
>
> It is rather strange - any ideas?
>
> The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3
>
> They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
> be grateful.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both the Hebrew and Russian
versions of the book of Acts was affected there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames!
Both had all the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

Blessings,

Nigel

Re: Easytag question Solved

Bruce Marshall
On Sunday 14 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both
> the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected there had
> to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all the chapters of
> Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to ActsofApostles_01 etc.
> and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an
> explanation?

What was the original filename of Act 22?   I'm guessing it might have been
different.

I think many mp3 players deal with the filename for ordering.... and I use
great care to keep filenames in sort order.

Re: Easytag question Solved

Ric Moore
On Sun, 2008-12-14 at 22:07 +0200, Nigel Ridley wrote:

> Nigel Ridley wrote:
> > I downloaded the New Testament in both Russian (for a friend) and Hebrew. I then used Easytag to
> > edit the mp3 tags. This is the first time I have ever edited mp3 tags.
> >
> > Anyway, I noticed that the original files were all OK (tag wise) except for the book of Acts. No
> > matter what I try chapter 22 always starts as the first file (on the mp3 player - a SanDisk Sansa
> > - it shows as 01/28, whilst chapter 1 shows as 08/28).
> > The only way that I did manage to get the correct playing order (for Acts) was to wipe all the
> > mp3 tags. But as soon as I filled them in again the problem came back again. This is true for
> > both the Russian and Hebrew files.
> >
> > There is an option in easytag to number consecutive tracks. It doesn't matter if I do or don't,
> > Acts start playing from chapter 22 :-(
> > The rest of the NT books are not affected.
> >
> > It is rather strange - any ideas?
> >
> > The mp3s can be downloaded for free from:
> > http://www.divinerevelations3.info/Documents/Bible/Hebrew_MP3_Bible_NT/Hebrew_MP3
> >
> > They are separate files, so if someone would care to download and check the book of Acts I would
> > be grateful.
> >
> > Blessings,
> >
> > Nigel
> >

> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both the Hebrew and Russian
> versions of the book of Acts was affected there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames!
> Both had all the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

A miracle?? :) Ric

Linux user# 44256
https://nuoar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 434-774-4987

Re: Easytag question Solved

Nigel Ridley-3
Bruce Marshall wrote:

> On Sunday 14 December 2008, Nigel Ridley wrote:
>> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since both
>> the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected there had
>> to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all the chapters of
>> Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to ActsofApostles_01 etc.
>> and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts as it should with - you
>> guessed it - chapter 1 :-)
>> As for the reason, I really don't know. Any body care to offer an
>> explanation?
>
> What was the original filename of Act 22?   I'm guessing it might have been
> different.
>
> I think many mp3 players deal with the filename for ordering.... and I use
> great care to keep filenames in sort order.

The original [Hebrew] files were in individual zip files for each book, without any 'folders' - I
created the 'folders' similar to the Russian version which was a complete zip file for the whole
New Testament, and the folder for 'Acts' was named 'Acts', with the individual chapters following
the 'Acts_01' format.

Blessings,

Nigel

Re: Easytag question Solved

Derek Broughton-2
Nigel Ridley wrote:

> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since
> both the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected
> there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all
> the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts
> as it should with - you guessed it - chapter 1 :-) As for the reason,
> I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?

Any explanation I can offer is the wildest of guesses :-) but since you
must be dealing with unicode, it seems entirely possible that some had
either a non-displaying character in the filename or they had two
different characters that looked similar (or identical) on your screen.
--
derek

Re: Easytag question Solved

Nigel Ridley-3
Derek Broughton wrote:

> Nigel Ridley wrote:
>
>> OK, the answer, for some strange reason, was the filename!!?? Since
>> both the Hebrew and Russian versions of the book of Acts was affected
>> there had to be a common denominator -- the filenames! Both had all
>> the chapters of Acts as Acts_01, Acts_02 etc. I changed them all to
>> ActsofApostles_01 etc. and lo and behold the book of Acts now starts
>> as it should with - you guessed it - chapter 1 :-) As for the reason,
>> I really don't know. Any body care to offer an explanation?
>
> Any explanation I can offer is the wildest of guesses :-) but since you
> must be dealing with unicode, it seems entirely possible that some had
> either a non-displaying character in the filename or they had two
> different characters that looked similar (or identical) on your screen.

I don't think so as I created the folder named 'Acts' that all the chapters are contained in. And
the Russian version was created by somebody else in a far away land (probably) and yet both
exhibited the same problem. The mystery continues......

Blessings,

Nigel