Emacs in Kubuntu Discover

ubuntu-users mailing list
Hello I am wondering in Discover on kubuntu I search for emacs and get the following.
Emacs GUI
GNU Emacs editor metapackage
GNU Emacs
Emacs-tealeg

What is tealeg? What is the metapackage?

Re: Emacs in Kubuntu Discover

Thomas Tanghus

Just guessing: https://github.com/tealeg/emacs-snap

> What is the metapackage?

It is shown if you click on it in Discover. It isn't possible to copy it to
clipboard from Discover, so here's from the CLI:

$ apt show emacs
Package: emacs
Version: 1:26.3+1-1ubuntu1
 GNU Emacs is the extensible self-documenting text editor.
 This is a metapackage that will always depend on the latest
 recommended Emacs variant (currently emacs-gtk).

It's a package that doesn't contain anything to install except a dependency,
that it should install emacs.

--
/Thomas