Error on the page "Ip tables HowTo"

Ирина Белова
Hello.

Isn't it an error on the page:
"Ubuntu 8.04 Comes with ufw <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW> "?
Should we read it as "Ubuntu *18.04*"?
Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

Yours,
Irina.

RE: Error on the page "Ip tables HowTo"

Doug Smythies
On 2020.04.10 20:59 Irina wrote:

> Hello.

Hi,

> Isn't it an error on the page:
> "Ubuntu 8.04 Comes with ufw <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW> "?
> Should we read it as "Ubuntu *18.04*"?
> Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo

No. It was first introduced in 8.04 (or so I am guessing).
It could be changed to just "Ubuntu" without a version.

... Doug

Re: Error on the page "Ip tables HowTo"

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
On 2020-04-11 16:00, Doug Smythies wrote:
> On 2020.04.10 20:59 Irina wrote:
>> Isn't it an error on the page:
>> "Ubuntu 8.04 Comes with ufw <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW> "?
>> Should we read it as "Ubuntu *18.04*"?
>> Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo
>
> No. It was first introduced in 8.04 (or so I am guessing).
> It could be changed to just "Ubuntu" without a version.

I get an error message when trying to browse a page (any page) in the
Community Help Wiki:

"You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many requests in
a short time."

Fact is that I haven't been there for quite some time... Anybody else
who is met by that erroneous error message?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj

On 2020.04.11 08:36 Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:

> On 2020-04-11 16:00, Doug Smythies wrote:
>> On 2020.04.10 20:59 Irina wrote:
>>> Isn't it an error on the page:
>>> "Ubuntu 8.04 Comes with ufw <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW> "?
>>> Should we read it as "Ubuntu *18.04*"?
>>> Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo
>>
>> No. It was first introduced in 8.04 (or so I am guessing).
>> It could be changed to just "Ubuntu" without a version.
>
> I get an error message when trying to browse a page (any page) in the
> Community Help Wiki:
>
> "You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many requests in
> a short time."
>
> Fact is that I haven't been there for quite some time... Anybody else
> who is met by that erroneous error message?

Hi Gunnar,

It is working fine for me.

I do recall one time, years ago, you got locked out of my website,
and you were sending several requests per web page load at that time.
Other lockout times you were not sending excessive requests, just my
"must be a bad guy" trigger was too tight.

Anyway, let's go off-list and try my web site and I'll look at the
logs and such and let you know.

... Doug

On 2020-04-11 17:56, Doug Smythies wrote:

> On 2020.04.11 08:36 Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
>> I get an error message when trying to browse a page (any page) in the
>> Community Help Wiki:
>>
>> "You triggered the wiki's surge protection by doing too many requests in
>> a short time."
>>
>> Fact is that I haven't been there for quite some time... Anybody else
>> who is met by that erroneous error message?
>
> It is working fine for me.

It's not just me, at least:

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/help-ubuntu-com-surge-protection/15288

On 2020-04-11 16:00, Doug Smythies wrote:
> On 2020.04.10 20:59 Irina wrote:
>> Isn't it an error on the page:
>> "Ubuntu 8.04 Comes with ufw <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UFW> "?
>> Should we read it as "Ubuntu *18.04*"?
>> Source: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/IptablesHowTo
>
> No. It was first introduced in 8.04 (or so I am guessing).
> It could be changed to just "Ubuntu" without a version.

I just made that change.

(Yes, suddenly I can access the Community Help Wiki again.)