Esperanto keyboard layout

Peep Pullerits
I am learning the Esperanto language (see http://www.esperanto.net for information) and I use Ubuntu to write in it. But because the language has 6 letters with diacritics - ŭĥĝĵžĉ - it is necessary to use a special keyboard layout. Right now I did it myself, adding a few lines to some configuration file, but I would like it if the Esperanto layout was official in Ubuntu.

I don't have the skills required myself, so I'm asking anyone who does to help me out. Is it possible?

Peep

Re: Esperanto keyboard layout

Phillip Sc. Boegh
> I am learning the Esperanto language (see http://www.esperanto.net for
> information) and I use Ubuntu to write in it. But because the language
> has 6 letters with diacritics - ŭĥĝĵžĉ - it is
> necessary to use a
> special keyboard layout. Right now I did it myself, adding a few lines
> to some configuration file, but I would like it if the Esperanto layout
> was official in Ubuntu.
The idea is perfect - especially because esperanto has got a renasance
after being the middleman in most digital transcriptions e.g. from english
to chinese.

Beside it leads to the ever question - where to ask the official Ubuntu
developers to add, help, get help etc. from and to other developers ?

Best regards

Phillip

Re: Esperanto keyboard layout

Pascal Potvin
I think you have to write to Daniel Stone, which is the maintainer of
most of the X packages.

2005/12/27, Phillip Sc. Boegh <[hidden email]>:

> > I am learning the Esperanto language (see http://www.esperanto.net for
> > information) and I use Ubuntu to write in it. But because the language
> > has 6 letters with diacritics - &#365;&#293;&#285;&#309;ž&#265; - it is
> > necessary to use a
> > special keyboard layout. Right now I did it myself, adding a few lines
> > to some configuration file, but I would like it if the Esperanto layout
> > was official in Ubuntu.
> The idea is perfect - especially because esperanto has got a renasance
> after being the middleman in most digital transcriptions e.g. from english
> to chinese.
>
> Beside it leads to the ever question - where to ask the official Ubuntu
> developers to add, help, get help etc. from and to other developers ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Phillip

Re: Esperanto keyboard layout

chrisccoulson

P.S. Mi trovis tian makroon &#265;i tie:
http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw

--
esperantisto