Any Ubuntu people at FOSdem?
Liam Proven • Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: [hidden email] • Google Mail/Talk/Plus: [hidden email]
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR/WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal: +420 702 829 053
---------- Forwarded message ----------
The Distributions devroom will take place Sunday 4 February 2018 at
FOSDEM, in Brussels, Belgium at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
For this year's distributions devroom, we want to focus on the ways that
distribution technologies can be leveraged to allow for easier
creation of a multi-verse of artifacts from single source trees. We also
want to continue to highlight the huge efforts being made in shared
environments around Build/Test/Release cycles.
We welcome submissions targeted at contributors interested in issues
unique to distributions, especially in the following topics:
- Distribution and Community collaborations, eg: how does code flow from
developers to end users across communities, ensuring trust and code
- Automating building software for redistribution to minimize human
involvement, eg: bots that branch and build software, bots that
participate as team members extending human involvement
- Cross-distribution collaboration on common issues, eg: content
distribution, infrastructure, and documentation
- Growing distribution communities, eg: onboarding new users, helping
new contributors learn community values and technology, increasing
contributor technical skills, recognizing and rewarding contribution
- Principals of Rolling Releases, Long Term Supported Releases (LTS),
Feature gated releases, and calendar releases
- Distribution construction, installation, deployment, packaging and
- Balancing new code and active upstreams verus security updates, back
porting and minimization of user breaking changes
- Delivering architecture independent software universally across
architectures within the confines of distribution systems
- Effectively communicating the difference in experience across
architectures for developers, packagers, and users
- Working with vendors and including them in the community
- The future of distributions, emerging trends and evolving user demands
from the idea of a platform
Ideal submissions are actionable and opinionated. Submissions may
be in the form of 25 or 50 minute talks, panel sessions, round-table
discussions, or Birds of a Feather (BoF) sessions.
Submission Deadline: 03-Dec-2017 @ 2359 GMT
Acceptance Notification: 8-Dec-2017
Final Schedule Posted: 15-Dec-2017
How to submit
1.) If you do not have an account, create one here
2.) Click 'Create Event'
3.) Enter your presentation details
4.) Be sure to select the Distributions Devroom track!
What to include
- The title of your submission
- A 1-paragraph Abstract
- A longer description including the benefit of your talk to your target
audience, including a definition of your target audience.
- Approximate length / type of submission (talk, BoF, ...)
- Links to related websites/blogs/talk material (if any)
We will be live-streaming and recording the Distributions Devroom.
Presenting at FOSDEM implies permission to record your session and
distribute the recording afterwards. All videos will be made available
under the standard FOSDEM content license (CC-BY).
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the
devroom organizers: [hidden email]
Brian Exelbierd (twitter: @bexelbie) and Brian Stinson (twitter:
@bstinsonmhk) for and on behalf of The Distributions Devroom Program
ubuntu-devel mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-devel
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|