Fat Clients always active

Giacomo Trovato
Hi All,

I've a system with Edubuntu 12.04 and PnP LTSP, with 9 laptops as fat clients (with one user each).
I want to be 100% sure that they don't go in standby/hibernate/suspend (I need they remain always active).
What I've to set?

Thank you!

Re: Fat Clients always active

Giacomo Trovato
Hi Alkis,

any hint about this?
I ask about, since sometimes my fat clients freeze when not used for some time.

Giacomo.

Hi All,

I've a system with Edubuntu 12.04 and PnP LTSP, with 9 laptops as fat clients (with one user each).
I want to be 100% sure that they don't go in standby/hibernate/suspend (I need they remain always active).
What I've to set?

Thank you!

Re: Fat Clients always active

Άλκης Γεωργόπουλος
On 16/10/2015 10:00 πμ, Giacomo Trovato wrote:
> Hi Alkis,
>
> any hint about this?
> I ask about, since sometimes my fat clients freeze when not used for
> some time.
>
> Giacomo.

Hi, you can set that with a dconf setting (gsettings).

Which keys do you need? Sorry I don't have time to provide help on
things that are not related to the LTSP code, but you can easily google
about default/mandatory gsettings.

Re: Fat Clients always active

Giacomo Trovato
Hi Alkis,

in the same system with FAT clients (that works properly), if I set as thin client (with the same laptops - HP 250 G2) the screen doesn't work: I have the screen compressed on less than half monitor with wrong colors.
Do I have to set something on lts.conf?

On 21/10/2015 04:46 μμ, Giacomo Trovato wrote:
> Hi Alkis,
>
> in the same system with FAT clients (that works properly), if I set as
> thin client (with the same laptops - HP 250 G2) the screen doesn't work:
> I have the screen compressed on less than half monitor with wrong colors.
> Do I have to set something on lts.conf?

Hi, try this in lts.conf:
     X_SMART_COLOR_DEPTH=False