Quantcast

Fedora linux (x86_64) on UCY Library mirror

Fedora linux (x86_64) on UCY Library mirror

UCY Library mirror
Greetings all,

Just to let you know, fedora linux (x86_64) was added to the mix @
mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy

Cheers,

ep

Re: Fedora linux (x86_64) on UCY Library mirror

Thrasos Nerantzis-2
Thanks, Good to know.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Library, UCY mirror <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings all,

Just to let you know, fedora linux (x86_64) was added to the mix @ mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy

Cheers,

ep

Re: Fedora linux (x86_64) on UCY Library mirror

UCY Library mirror
I can make no promises. First we 'll see how traffic shapes after summer holidays, and then see space availability.

Was planning to add ubuntu updates *if* possible to mirror specific architectures.

Got any statistics on debian usage in CY ?

Cheers.

On 03/08/2016 07:17 μμ, Brendan Jocson wrote:
Many thanks for the mirror! Any chance we can have a debian mirror as well? It would be very beneficial to the community as well.

On 3 August 2016 at 15:52, Thrasos Nerantzis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks, Good to know.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Library, UCY mirror <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings all,

Just to let you know, fedora linux (x86_64) was added to the mix @ mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy

Cheers,

ep

debmirror questions

UCY Library mirror
Hello everyone,

Not sure when I 'll get a reply from ubuntu mailing list, so I',m asking
over here in case someone knows:
Is mirroring part of the archive ubuntu repo an acceptable policy for a
public mirror? amd64 specifically.
Seems like the only way to "filter" by architecture is to use debmirror.
Is there any way to avoid -d (distribution flag) in the command? What I
mean by that is for it to pick up amd64 w/o specifying zesty, yakkety,
etc...

Cheers,

ep

Re: debmirror questions

Brendan Jocson
hi,

no you have to specify.

Following debian's hierarchy, arch is a subset of the superset that comprises a release version (ie: 17.04 zesty has both x86/amd64 releases...).

I have local mirrors here for both debian and ubuntu due to docker image CI internally, which I specifically only mirror amd64 releases for both.

I feel like I just became mrObvious here in the list, so if you can elaborate further for your use case perhaps we can help narrow down your issue. :)

On 11 May 2017 at 12:50, UCY Library mirror <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello everyone,

Not sure when I 'll get a reply from ubuntu mailing list, so I',m asking over here in case someone knows:
Is mirroring part of the archive ubuntu repo an acceptable policy for a public mirror? amd64 specifically.
Seems like the only way to "filter" by architecture is to use debmirror. Is there any way to avoid -d (distribution flag) in the command? What I mean by that is for it to pick up amd64 w/o specifying zesty, yakkety, etc...

Cheers,

ep

Re: debmirror questions

UCY Library mirror

Hi Brendan,

The archive mirror is ~1.1TB. Was investigating if possible to trim off some fat and add it to mirror.library.ucy.ac.cy.

Did a similar approach with fedora and openSUSE, either through exceptions or rsync modules, mirroring the parts with most usage.

ep