Firewire audio card

Panos Laganakos
Hello,

I've been using an Edirol FA-66 Firewire audio card (under windows). So,
for the last few months that I've been using ubuntu, I've
been using my onBoard audio card (AC97).

I checked ALSA's website, but it seems that its not supported (i didn't
actually see any FW card), and i've tried Googling for an answer, but to
no good, thus far.

So, i was wondering if its possible to enable that card under
Linux/Ubuntu, if anyone else owns a FW audio card or something.

Thanks.

Re: Firewire audio card

Daniel T Chen
On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 11:53:05PM +0200, Panos Laganakos wrote:
> So, i was wondering if its possible to enable that card under
> Linux/Ubuntu, if anyone else owns a FW audio card or something.

FW audio is in its infancy under Linux, so I'm afraid that's an
unfortunate negative.
--
Daniel T. Chen            [hidden email]
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc

Re: Firewire audio card

Panos Laganakos
[hidden email] wrote:

>On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 11:53:05PM +0200, Panos Laganakos wrote:
>

>>So, i was wondering if its possible to enable that card under
>>Linux/Ubuntu, if anyone else owns a FW audio card or something.
>>

>FW audio is in its infancy under Linux, so I'm afraid that's an
>unfortunate negative.

Seems, I'll have to manage without it then. Hope we can have results
soon (on FireWire audio capture support).

Firewire, as general port is supported though? meaning an external HDD
could be functioning under the latest kernel?

Re: Firewire audio card

Daniel T Chen
On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 01:37:26AM +0200, Panos Laganakos wrote:
> Firewire, as general port is supported though? meaning an external HDD
> could be functioning under the latest kernel?

Yes, mass storage on FW works.