First spin of 17.10 RC candidate now available

First spin of 17.10 RC candidate now available

Valorie Zimmerman
Hello folks, the first Release Candidate ISO is ready. Please help us
by testing as much as you have time for. Remember, in particular we
need i386 testers, on "bare metal" rather than VMs if possible.

Kubuntu Desktop amd64 -
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds/158983/testcases

Kubuntu Desktop i386 -
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/383/builds/158984/testcases

The story on the website:
https://kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-artful-aardvark-17-10-final-rc-images-now-available/

Please spread that on whatever social media you use. Take note of the
Ubuntu Community ISO testing party on Monday:
https://community.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-17-10-community-iso-testing/458

All the best,

Valorie, for the Release Management team

--
http://about.me/valoriez

Re: [Kubuntu-council] First spin of 17.10 RC candidate now available

Rik Mills-2
I should just clarify on this that after those ISO spins, Adam Conrad
from the release team wrote:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-release/2017-October/004224.html

On 15/10/17 06:40, Adam Conrad wrote:

> Today, I spun up a set of images for everyone with serial 20171015.
>
> Those images are *not* final images (ISO volid and base-files are still
> not set to their final values), intentionally, as we had some hiccups
> with langpack uploads that are landing just now.
>
> That said, we need as much testing as possible, bugs reported (and, if
> you can, fixed), so we can turn around and have slightly more final
> images produced on Monday morning.  If we get no testing, we get no
> fixing, so no time like the present to go bug-hunting.
>
> ... Adam

So please see the revised Kubuntu website story here:

https://kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-artful-aardvark-17-10-initial-rc-images-now-available/

So please look out for a new website article and iso links it that
happens as expected.

There will also be Ubuntu-on-air Google hangout and Youtube stream on
iso testing on Monday 16th at 15:00 UTC

See: https://community.ubuntu.com/t/ubuntu-17-10-community-iso-testing/458

That will be a great opportunity to help with community testing

Thanks

Rik