Flyer happiness

Matthias Urlichs
Hi,

I've played with the flyer for the last few hours, in preparation of
translating the whole thing to German.

I've recreated the whole thing in Inkscape (no, Photoshop and InDesign are
NOT tolerated here), *except* for the nice Arial Round font which costs $$.

Does anybody know of a reasonably-high-quality reasonably-lookalike font
for that thing?

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  [hidden email]
 - -

Re: Flyer happiness

Corey Burger
On 11/17/05, Matthias Urlichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've played with the flyer for the last few hours, in preparation of
> translating the whole thing to German.
>
> I've recreated the whole thing in Inkscape (no, Photoshop and InDesign are
> NOT tolerated here), *except* for the nice Arial Round font which costs $$.
>
> Does anybody know of a reasonably-high-quality reasonably-lookalike font
> for that thing?

I wish.

I have also been adapting the CD cover to a DVD cover. This should hit
the DIYmarketing wiki page soon.

Corey

Re: Flyer happiness

Nicolas Chevreux
Hello,

Matthias Urlichs wrote in an email dated 17-Nov-05 23:41:
> I've recreated the whole thing in Inkscape (no, Photoshop and InDesign are
> NOT tolerated here), *except* for the nice Arial Round font which costs $$.

Is it? Then why is it in the repositories?

Nicolas

Re: Flyer happiness

volvoguy
On 11/17/05, Matthias Urlichs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a reasonably-high-quality reasonably-lookalike font
> for that thing?

Are you referring to the Ubuntu logo font? If so, it's in universe,
titled "ttf-ubuntu-title".

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu

Re: Flyer happiness

YetZero
Now that we're talking about fonts, I don't know if this is the right
place to propose it. I find the current default fonts in Ubuntu quite
ugly, not very sharp. My suggestion is to use the excellent Luxi font
family, that is freely available.
Check it's license:

http://www.xfree86.org/current/LICENSE11.html#34

I remember it came as default with Fedora Core about one or two years
ago. Being an art team, we should make sure our favorite OS looks
good, right? :D

2005/11/19, volvoguy <[hidden email]>:

> On 11/17/05, Matthias Urlichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know of a reasonably-high-quality reasonably-lookalike font
> > for that thing?
>
> Are you referring to the Ubuntu logo font? If so, it's in universe,
> titled "ttf-ubuntu-title".
>
> --
> Aaron
>
> Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu