Full upgrade request from Ubuntu updater

Full upgrade request from Ubuntu updater

REUBY Dianne

I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS which was pre-installed on my laptop when I bought it last year. This week my updater gave me a window with this command, asking of course for my password:

/usr/bin/lubuntu-upgrader --cache-update --full-upgrade

My settings are all updates, check daily, download and install security automatically, display other updates immediately, Livepatch on.

I needed to use the "Show apps" button today, which I rarely do, and saw the full upgrade was still sitting there.

What do I do with this? I don't want to do a full upgrade to Lubuntu, but cancel closes it yet leaves it in my apps.

TIA

Dianne

Re: Full upgrade request from Ubuntu updater

Liam Proven
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 16:16, REUBY Dianne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS which was pre-installed on my laptop when I bought it last year. This week my updater gave me a window with this command, asking of course for my password:
>
> /usr/bin/lubuntu-upgrader --cache-update --full-upgrade
>
> My settings are all updates, check daily, download and install security automatically, display other updates immediately, Livepatch on.
>
> I needed to use the "Show apps" button today, which I rarely do, and saw the full upgrade was still sitting there.
>
> What do I do with this? I don't want to do a full upgrade to Lubuntu, but cancel closes it yet leaves it in my apps.

Suggestion: ask on the main Ubuntu-Users list, not here. This one is near-dead.

"Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
<[hidden email]>

Secondly: are you running Ubuntu (i.e. with GNOME) or Lubuntu (with LXQt)?

Also: is this not just an update to 20.04.02, perhaps?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Ubuntu-20.04.2-LTS-Released

Email: [hidden email] – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: [hidden email]